Saturday, December 31, 2016

Officially Retired

Effective at midnight December 31, 2016, I am officially retired.  

After 30 plus years working in the legal field since 1986 (and having worked at least part time continuously since I was 15 back in 1976), I will no longer be engaged in any type of employment and will be whiling my time away in my rocking chair.  I have been asked countless times in the past year as I neared retirement what I will do when I retire.  The simple answer is "not work."  My "bucket list" of leisure and recreational endeavours will keep me occupied.

As many of you know, I did not seek re-election and Joyce Morton was elected unopposed in May, 2016 as the new Family Court Judge beginning January 1,  2017.  I wish her the best and hope the job does not sour her always positive, cheerful, and friendly disposition.

I will keep this blog online, but will only update it occasionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment